By Amy Dienta
This past January my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary! 10 years of working together, 10 years of being partners working together for the well-being of our family. I started thinking about all the things we do well together, and made a list.
1. Together we can achieve what ever we set our minds to. Another child, house, a different job or another degree- we have been through it all.
2. We raise our kids in a loving, caring and supportive environment.
3. Support each other in pursuing our dreams.
4. We know what we each do best. My husband is the go-to guy for fixing things, and I am the person who writes letters, fills out paperwork or calls the school.
5. We both try our best to not argue!
6. Put out family first in all that we do.
Then I started thinking of what we don’t do well.
1. Our house is not the cleanest on the block. Mostly my fault I’ll admit!
2. We are both disorganized sometimes.
3. Sometimes we argue over stupid little things, things that after the fact mean nothing.
4. We sometimes have different ways of dealing with the kids or the everyday issues that come up.
But in the end we love each other, and love our life together. So here’s to another 10 years together!! I love you Mamadou!